Date of last update:  July 2019
Who is Medtronic?
Medtronic is the name which we use for all our businesses, including Medtronic inc. , a corporation based in the united states, and each of the companies controlled by the abovementioned corporation, including medtronic trading ltd1. When we use the words "we" or "our", we mean "Medtronic".
What information do we collect?
Some of the services provided (and/or which will be provided in the future) on the website require completion of a "Contact" form. When completing the form it is necessary to give personal information, such as name, address, ways of communicating with you or your e-mail address. The compulsory fields to be completed will be expressly marked. You undertake to give only correct, accurate and full details about yourself, as requested in the form. You are not required by law to give the information, but without giving the details which appear in the compulsory fields you will not be able to contact Medtronic via the website.
At the time of use of the website, "statistical information" about you may be accumulated, containing various data which do not identify you and cannot in themselves lead to exposure of you and revelation of their source. Statistical information includes anonymous technical information and information collected about website users' conduct, for example: goods and services in which you expressed interest, information or advertisements which you read on the website, the pages which you viewed, the Internet Protocol address (IP) from which you viewed, geographical location (Geo-location), the type of browser which you use, the type of end device which you use (including the type of operating system of the device), identification number of the end device (Device ID) and more. The data which you give us will be kept in Medtronic's database.
What do we do with the information which we collect?
- Provision of content and services, and adapting them, if possible, to your personal preferences, location and areas of interest
- Proper operation and development of the website and improvement of the website and the services provided on it and for various statistical uses
- In order to adapt advertisements and content which will be shown to you at the time of visiting the website and other websites to your areas of interest and/or sex or age group and/or place of residence
- To contact you, for the purpose of providing or offering services and content, including by telephone or e-mail
- For the purpose of analysis and provision of statistical information to third parties, including advertisers. Information which is given to third parties as aforesaid will not identify you personally.
Does medtronic share information about you with third parties?
Medtronic does not forward information about you to third parties, expect in the following cases:
- Medtronic shall be permitted to give information to subcontractors, in and outside Israel, for the purpose of performing various actions relating to operation (including hosting services), management and improvement of the website (including, to remove doubt, the services on it); subcontractors for content promotion, such as digital agencies
- In accordance with the demand of the enforcement authorities and/or if a judicial order is given instructing Medtronic to give the information about you to a third party
- As part of a dispute, allegation, claim, demand or legal proceedings, if any, between you and Medtronic
- As part of the legal transfer of Medtronic's operations to another corporation which will operate the website or parts of it, including as part of a merger transaction, acquisition of shares and/or assets (all or some) and/or bankruptcy
Medtronic shall be permitted to forward any unidentified personal statistical information about you which has been collected by it to its business partners (including advertisers on the website and/or on other websites, including as stated below) in order for them to adapt advertisements and content to be shown to you at the time of visiting various websites and applications to your areas of interest and/or sex or age group and/or place of residence. In addition, you hereby agree that Medtronic's business partners (including advertisers) shall be permitted to collect such unidentified information about you independently.
Third party services
We are permitted to use software or services purchased from third parties in order to collect, store and/or process the information collected as stated above. Third party services include, inter alia:
More can be learned about the way in which Google collects and processes information, particularly by means of Google Analytics, at the address: http://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/. You can prevent use of data about you by Google Analytics by downloading and installing a Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on, which is available at the address: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/.
Are there other privacy aspects with regard to medtronic's websites?
- Cookies – Medtronic may use cookie files on the website for the routine and proper operation of the website, including in order to collect statistical data about the use of the website, to verify details, in order to adapt the website to your personal preferences and for information security purposes. Cookie files are text files which we place among the browser files in your computer when you visit the website. The cookie files are likely to be stored on the hard drive of your computer. The information which we collect with the help of the cookies is not personal. You are always free to refuse to accept the cookie files by changing your browser definitions, but some parts of the website might not operate properly if you do so. It should be emphasized that we will not allow third party companies to place cookies on our websites.
What about information security?
Medtronic takes physical, administrative and technical protection measures which are customary and up-to-date, in order to protect the information against loss, misuse and unauthorized access to information, and exposure, alteration or destruction thereof. You must remember that transfer of information on the Internet is not completely secure or error-free.
We aim to maintain the reliability, accuracy and integrity of the personal information which we collect and to protect the privacy of and provide security for our users. We only keep your personal information for the period of time required for the purposes for which it was collected and/or in order to comply with the relevant legal or ethical requirements and/or requirements for keeping documents.
We limit access to personal information about you to employees, contractors and service providers who in our opinion reasonably need to come into contact with that personal information. Those people are bound by duties of confidentiality and are likely to be subject to disciplinary law, including termination of employment and being put on criminal trial, if they do not comply with these obligations.
Right to examine, alter or delete information
Under the Protection of Privacy Law, 5741-1981, any person is entitled to examine, personally or by his representative (who has received written authorization) or by his guardian, information about him which is held in a database. In addition, we aim to keep complete and accurate records of your information.
A user who wishes to examine information about himself, or alternatively has examined information about himself and has found that it is not correct, complete, clear or up-to-date, may send a request to us to correct or delete the information, by e-mail message to the address recorded below with details of your request, and we shall make reasonable efforts to comply with your request.
Medtronic Trading Ltd
10 HaMada Street
P.O. Box 12016 Herzliya Pituach 4673344